W e encourage our staff to:
1. Promote independence – encouraging service users to attempt to do things for themselves within their capabilities rather than having staff do everything for them.
2. Promote individual choice – giving service users as much control over their own lives and environment as possible, whilst ensuring that the choices they make are safe and appropriate for them and other people.
3. Promote dignity and respect – in the way we interact with service users, their families and the wider community.
4. Promote activity and skills – by assisting service users to access, as appropriate, the widest possible range of educational and leisure activities, to participate in any religious celebrations they may wish, and to enjoy the lifestyle of their choice.
ProCare Nursing Ltd provides staff to three main sectors of the care industry:
- As a Nurses Agency we supply qualified staff to Nursing Homes, EMI Units and to Secure and Semi-Secure Units. Grades include Registered General Nurses (RGN), Registered Mental Nurses (RMN) & Registered Nurses Learning Disabilities (RNLD). All of our nursing staff are registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- We also supply experienced and well-trained Healthcare Assistants and Senior (NVQ 3) Care Officers to Nursing and Residential Homes (including EMI Units) throughout southeast Wales.
- Our Domiciliary Care provides care and support to people with a wide variety of needs within their own home. Care packages range from short “check” calls and medication prompting, to the provision of full personal care, and also 24-hour “live-in” duties.
Also under the Domiciliary ‘umbrella’, our Care Support staff work with adults with varying degrees of learning and physical disabilities, enabling them to participate in a range of activities within the community. This includes supporting service users at education establishments, day centres, leisure and sporting activities, as well promoting general independence and integration in the wider community.
Whilst most of this care is delivered as part of a wider Social Services provision, we also have a rising number of private service users whose families have chosen ProCare as their provider of choice.
ProCare has also established itself as a specialist provider of experienced and well-trained support staff in a variety of Residential Care settings, including: Secure and semi-secure residential units for adults and children with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centres
Small and medium-sized Community Houses offering supported accommodation to service users with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and mental health issues.
We have a proven track record and are a Preferred Provider not only to Cardiff, Caerphilly and the Vale of Glamorgan Social Services, but also to:
- Linc Cymru
- Ludlow Street Healthcare
- Ocean Community Services
- Orbis Education
- Priory Group
- React Support Services
- Summerhill Group
We have recently formed our training department into a separate company – ProCare Training Cymru Ltd – in order to offer dynamic, up- to-date training for ProCare field and office staff.
ProCare Training Cymru also provides top quality training on site and off to our clients and the wider care sector.
Please contact our training coordinator Alison Pollard on 029 2025 8300.
(Please see our training page for details)